Important Facts on TMT Bar
TMT bars are one of the most important construction materials that are widely used for building earthquake-resistant structures. The ribbed TMT bars from the best TMT Bar Manufacturers provide better reinforcement to any concrete structure, thus, minimizing damages during any seismic activities. Let’s take a look at a few quick facts about TMT bars:
The true strength of TMT bar lies in the optimum balance between Toughness and Flexibility (Elongation). Choosing the Best TMT bars are one of the most important facts when it comes to choosing the right building materials.
- TMT bars are been used in all constructional projects which made from the latest technological process and comes with high strength.
- With the new edge, technological innovation TMT bars are being produced with the latest technology called ‘Thermex’. In this process after the final rolling, it subjected to sudden cooling. It makes the bars strong optimally to its level and also the core become soft.
- Due to high ductility bars are being produced in the number of grades which are Fe: 415, Fe: 500 and Fe: 550. These bars are being used in the construction of buildings, bridges, various types of plants, Concrete Structural base etc.
- New edge TMT bars are earthquake resistant and it can be used in all type of construction projects due to its extremely bending ability. It can be broadened to match up exactly how you want it to be for your constructional structure.
- TMT bars are fully corrosion resistant, rust resistant and these bars are mandatory to be used in coastal and humid tract. It intensifies the durability for the longer period.
- Thermo Mechanically Treated Bars are fire and heat defiant and it helps to prevent any hazard.
- TMT bars have high weld-ability for which these being used for weld joints by keeping the construction structure unchanged.
- Manufacturing process of a TMT bar save 20% of the steel than the usual. Hence, the production cost becomes even lower.
Shyam Steel manufactures 500D TMT bars and why 500D is the right option let’s see the facts below.
- West Bengal comes under high seismic zone. This needs to be taken care under the consideration factor when you are choosing your TMT bar when it comes to build your dream home.
- A TMT bar with higher strength might seem like the obvious and better choice. You may think Fe 550 is better than Fe 500 or Fe 600 is better that Fe 550. Well, this does not hold true and not at all for earthquake prone zones.
- Why 500D TMT is the best choice?
|Fe 500D ||Fe 550 ||Fe 600 |
|Moderately High Strength with High Flexibility /Elongation ||Higher Strength with Low Flexibility/Elongation ||Even Higher Strength with Very Low Flexibility/Elongation |
Therefore, Fe 500D is the best choice amongst TMT bars because it has the right balance of strength and flexibility to remain structurally stable and strengthen more.
However Fe550 and Fe 600 lack this right balance and are prone to breakage under extreme pressure.
What sets Shyam Steel Apart?
- A. Unlike other brands Shyam Steel is the only TMT manufacturer who uses the integrated steel plant by using state of the art facility.
- B. The processing of iron ore, casting it into billets and eventually rolling them into rebars all these are implemented at our state-of-the-art Integrated Steel Plant.
Shyam Steel is one of the pioneer Steel manufacturer and supplier in India. Our Fe 500D TMT bars are used for hundreds of mega projects in India and West Bengal as well.
We are intimately involved in infrastructure development all across India. Projects like Bridges, Dams, Rails, Metro rails, Industries, Housing Projects, Defense Projects, Airports and Highways. Our eminent projects Includes
Bridges and Dams
Railway & Metro Rail
- Nivedita Setu
- Kurnool Bridge (Krishna River)
- Godavari Bridge (Rajahmundry)
- NHPC – Teesta Low Dam Project
- Brahmaputra Bridge NH 31
- Kanpur Ganga Bridge
- P V Narasimha Expressway
- Panipat Elevated expressway
- Paradeep Port National Highway
- North–South and East–West Corridor
- Surapattu (Chennai Bypass II)
- Nelamangala-Devihalli NH 48
- State Highway KSHIP
- Eastern Railway
- South Eastern Railway
- North Eastern Railway
- Kolkata Metro
- Delhi Metro
- Namma Metro
- Chennai Metro
- Kandla Port Trust
- Terminals - JNPT
- Nemmeli Seawater Desalination Plant
- Mormugao Port Trust
- Kakinada Onshore Terminal Project
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
- Bengaluru International Airport
- Maharashtra Airport Development Co. Ltd.
- Krishna Godavari Basin
- Haldia Refinery
- BPCL Kochi Refinery
- Paradip Refinery
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL)
- IOCL Refinery-Barauni
Factories & Power Plants
- Tata Nano Factory
- Sagardighi Power Plant
- Rosa Thermal Power Plant
- Kathgodam Power Plant
- Panipat Thermal Power Station (PTPS)
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Thermal Power Station
- Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Station
- Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Station
- Assam PWD
- Bihar PWD
- Odisha PWD
- Telangana PWD
- Mega Sports Complex, Ranchi
- Games Village, Guwahati
Thousands of tonnes Shyam Steel Fe 500D Rebars are used in
the construction of well-known housing complexes all across India.
|Developer ||Project ||Location ||Acres ||Description ||Floors |
|Ambuja Realty ||City Centre ||Haldia ||5.3 ||Shopping Mall || |
|Jaypee Group ||Jaypee Greens ||Greater Noida ||452 ||Township || |
|Bengal NRI (L&T) ||Urbana ||Kolkata ||67 ||7 Townships ||G+46 |
|Tata Housing ||Primanti ||Gurgaon ||36 ||4 Towers ||G+40 |
|Tata Housing ||Eden Court ||Kolkata ||8 ||5 Towers ||G+23 |
|Godrej Properties (L&T) ||Prakriti ||Kolkata ||22 ||8 Towers ||G+19 |
|L & T Construction ||River View Apartment ||Lucknow ||132 ||44 Towers ||G+12 |
|Tata Housing ||Aquila Heights ||Bangalore || ||3 Towers ||G+32 |
|Simoco (L&T) ||Sanhita Rajarhat ||Kolkata ||46 ||Township || |
|Hitec (L&T) ||Hitec City ||Hydrabad ||151 ||Township || |
|Bharti Realty ||Astra Towers ||Kolkata ||4 ||Office + Retail || |
|Rohan Lifescapes (Eversendai) ||Trump Tower ||Mumbai ||14 ||1 Tower ||G+65 |
A Few Notable Clients
Larsen & Toubro
Simplex Infastructure Ltd
Punj Lloyd Ltd
Hindustan Construction Co
GMR Infrastructure Ltd
Lanco Infratech Ltd
IVRCL Infrastructure Ltd
Reliance Infrastructure Ltd
Reliance Industries Ltd
Gammon India Ltd
Afcon Infrastructure Ltd