In construction, it is essential to prepare a plan for each and every actionable such as the price of your land to every itemized cost. Allocate the fund according to the estimated budget and consult with financial institutions if required.
Selecting the plot area
At first, finalize the area in which you want to live then start looking for the plot. Proper Soil Testing by the expert is very much required before you buy the plot, soil test help you to understand the bearing capacity of the soil and there is no chemical or physical condition which may damage your house.
Few highly notable points which need to be kept in mind
- Distance from your workplace
- Nearest Communications such as Bus Stand, Railway Station, Airport etc
- Availability of public amenities like road, water, electricity, drainage, sewerage etc
- Availability of school, market, hospital, park, bank, post office etc
Documentation & Vastu
Verify the ownership of land and scrutinize all legal documents e.g. title deed, porcha and obtain no objection certificate for the plot from the Registrars office and the plot is designated for residential use, etc.
Vastu works on the principle of five basic elements of the universe:
Earth | Water | Air | Fire | Space
Few notable highlights on Vastu which are merely important to check
- The land should be square or rectangular shaped.
- Plot with extended north-east corner or east is good for the vastu compliance.
- Entrance to the East side claimed to be most auspicious to a House
- The slope of the property needs to be either from west to east or south to north
- North direction of the house always needs to be cleared as it represents prospects
- The main bedroom should be constructed in the south-west direction
- Square and rectangle shape bedrooms are perfect for ensuring peace and prosperity
- The north direction is ideal for the construction of living room
- Southeast and north-west corner of the house considered to be the best for kitchen
- North-east area considered to be the best option to build the room for prayer or it can be somewhere in the north or east area of the house.
- North-East or North-West corner of the house/room considered to be the best option for Restrooms.
After finalizing the plot, you may consult professionals like Architect/Engineer for design and drawing.
Get specification, Bill of Quantities and cost estimate from the professionals who prepare your building plan.
Construction cost is generally divided between Material Cost, Labor Cost & Other Expenses in the ratio of 60:30:10 respectively.
Selection of the Contractor
Contractor selection is the most essential, which needs to be defined with proper market research, past work done and current reputation in the market.
Make a legal agreement with contractor with his
- Scope of work
- Bill of Quantities
- Specification of work
- Construction Schedule
- Payment terms
- Safety and Quality of workmanship
- Statutory Compliance
Selecting the Building Materials
For constructing the best quality house, it is merely important that you should use good quality building materials. The materials used for the construction of the building are given below.
- TMT Bars
- Sand (Fine aggregate)
- Stone Chips (Coarse Aggregate)
- Doors and Windows Materials
- Plumbing & Sanitary Materials
- Flooring Materials
- Electrical Goods
- Finishing Materials (Putty, pop, Paints etc)