We Just don’t build competence but also grow communities
Shyam Steel believes corporate social responsibility is a critical mission that is at the heart of everything that it does. The social activities relate to social, educational, rural uplift and cultural activities.
With proper integration of environmental, social and and ethical principles, we look forward to enhancing long-term stakeholder value aiming to be relevant to local, national and global contexts.
Shyam Steel is involved in setting up of educational institutions, health care & medical facilities, charitable trusts and so on. We are focused in our sustainability efforts that include:
- Providing educational scholarship (through charitable organizations like Pachim Bangiya Marwari Sammelan Shiksha Kosh, Ramkrishna Mission, Narendrapur).
- Participating in development work at 40 schools in Howrah, Kolaghat High Scool, Salt Lake Shiksha Sadan along with construction of a hostel for PR Murmu Memorial School, Bilpara (Durgapur)
- Funding medical treatment in charitable hospitals.
- Conducting health camps for the underprivileged across West Bengal
- Engaging in tribal development through organizations working in India’s rural areas