Shyam Steel Industries Ltd. produces a wide range of Continuously casted Billets in its Integrated Steel Plant. The state-of-art technology of Concast AG Zurich imparts international quality standards and ensures smooth and defect-free casting of billets.
Shyam Steel manufactures and exports premium quality Mild Steel Billets which includes low alloy (Corrosion Resistant) Mild Steel Billets and also accurate in dimensions.
The Billets produced by the company can be broadly divided into three main types i.e.
- M.S. Billets.
- CRS Billets.
- Special Alloy Billets.
- M.S. Billets are used for rolling of TMT Re-Bars of Fe415 and Fe500 Grade and various other structural steel products.
- CRS Billets are used for rolling of CRS TMT Re-Bars.
- Special Alloy Billets are used for rolling of any special grade TMT Re-Bars like Earthquake resistant TMT Re-Bars and for special grade structural steel products.
The following are the sizes of Billets available with Shyam Steel Industries Ltd.:
- 100 X 100
- 125 X 125
- 150 X 150
|Description||As per IS 2830||Shyam Billets|
|Bend (max.)||5 mm per meter||>= 5 mm per meter|
|Carbon (max.)||3mm per meter||>= 3 mm per meter|
|Length||3 mt – 13 mt||3 mt – 9 mt|
Billets of different designations are manufactured in three different grades namely A, B, C having sulphur, phosphorous content (on ladle analysis) and carbon equivalent as follows:
|Grade||Sulphur||Phosphorous||Carbon Equivalent (CE)1|
Carbon equivalent based on ladle analysis = C + Mn/6 + Cr+Mo+V/5 + Nl+Cu/15
When steel is required in copper bearing quality, copper content is between 0.20 60 0.35 percent.
The following are the Special features of the Shyam Steel Billets :
- Excellent Surface Finish: The Billets produced by Shyam Steel are free from any surface crack or lamination. Magnetic particle test in order to identify any crack on the surface is done on a regular basis as per its Quality Management Plan.
- Dimensional Tolerance: Billets at Shyam Steel Industries Ltd. are produced strictly in accordance to IS 2830 for dimensional tolerance.
- No Internal Defects: The Billets produced are free from any internal defects. Defects such as piping blow-holes and pinholes are identified and segregated by Sulphur Print Test.
- Excellent Corrosion Resistant property: The Special range of Billets known as CRS Billets produced by the company contain various corrosion resistant elements like copper, chromium and phosphorous that impart corrosion resistance to the TMT Re-Bars rolled out of this special type of Billets. The minimum CRE% (Cu% + Cr% + P%) is 0.50%